Contact Us

See anything on the blog that doesn't look right ?
Want us to review your book?
Contact us at booksvsboys@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.

Series I love

Follow by ...

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

I Tour With

Kismet Book Touring
Xpresso Book Tours
CBL Book Tours
RockStar Book Tours
BB Book Tours

Friday 21 June 2013

Amazingly Broken By Jordin Williams




Hi guys,
I just want to clearfiy something I am not dead. I repeat I'm not dead . And I know I have not really posted anything in like a million years but I have actually been so busy. So for being such good followers and waiting  for me Im going to give you a well earned treat. YAAAH A GIVEAWAY!!!.... sorry guys that is not it but there will be one for this book and many other goodies later so hold on tight.





Goodreads/Amazon
Life threw Elana a curveball... Elana’s mother died in Iowa and she was left to fend for herself with an abusive and drunken father who could care less about her well-being. After years of heartache and pain she graduated from high school and moved to Florida to go to college with her best friend Tiffany. A new beginning... That’s where she met Jaxon. He was everything she didn’t need. He was a cocky, tattooed, and a beer drinking musclehead. He was the type of guy that she normally would have avoided given her circumstances but when he offers her a bed to sleep on she can't say no. She never thought that she would discover they weren't much different from one another and that he had his own secrets and scars he didn’t want revealed to anyone...


Author Interview 

Q. Can you tell us about Amazingly Broken?

A. Sure, but I’ll keep it short and simple so I don’t reveal anything. Elana moves to Florida to go to college. She wants to get away from her father so she can start a new life because the past few years had been tough for her. She meets Jaxon who has dealt with things that are just as bad. Over time they learn of each other’s secrets and realize they are both amazingly broken…

Q. How did you come up with your title? 

A. It just came to me suddenly because Jaxon and Elana are both broken but they’re also amazing. So I decided Amazingly Broken was perfect.

Q. How did you decide to become a writer and share your work with everyone? 

A. I kept reading books and after a while I realized how many were by indie authors, A LOT. I said, “I can do that.” Now I’m trying prove it.

Q. If you could do anything other than be an author, what would it be? 

A. Professional speaker for teenagers because life can always get better! I’ve been there.

Q. What was the hardest part about writing Amazingly Broken? 

A. Reliving my past since Elana’s past is based off of mine.

Q. Is there something in particular you like listening to or eating/drinking when you write? 

A. Coffee!

Q. If you could pick a soundtrack to match your main character’s life, what would it be?

A. Broken Bones by Rev Theory 

Q. I saw you've actually done a bit of writing as a ghost writer. Were there any surprises writing under your own name for the first time? Did it make you nervous?

A. It made me really nervous because it’s my real name on the line now. Before, it’s up to the client to fix the story up. Now I had to do it myself.


Q. So when you're not lost in the worlds you create what other types of things do you keep busy with?

A. Frisbee golf and reading!

Q. What, if anything, are you working on right now? 

A. Well I’m in the planning stages of a book for her best friend. Something tragic happens to her boyfriend

Q.What song do you say goes best with your book ?
My book Amazingly Broken deals with two broken people who learn to love again after everything they have gone through. You can see below the wide range of music genres included. There is rock, pop, country, alternative, R&B, and a few others. The themes they deal with are love, death, abuse, new beginnings, and loss of something other than death. Feel free to check out Amazingly Broken which is live now. "Broken Bones" by Rev Theory “Falling Away From Me” by KoRn “Falling Into You” by Celine Dion “I Believe” by Diamond Rio “Need You Now” by Lady Antebellum “Better Days” by Goo Goo Dolls "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne "Gorilla" by Bruno Mars “Is This Love?” by Whitesnake “End of the Road” by Boyz II Men “As Long As You Love Me” by Backstreet Boys "Addicted" by Saving Abel
Teaser 
"It's just rain toots, nothing to worry about," Jaxon said, walking behind me and cupping my shoulders.
      
      I turned and smiled. "I know. We have it in Iowa too.”
      
      “I know but you looked scared.”
      
      “I’m not. By the way, thanks a lot for not bringing a bunch of drunk girls to the apartment the past few nights," I said. 
      
      Jaxon’s dead silence alerted me that there was another side to the story. My brown eyes turned suddenly fierce.
      
      "Oh my god, are you kidding me?" I raged. "I should have known. I swear I should have known."
      
      He looked at me as if to put me in my place. "Why does it matter? You do remember that you said we were just friends, don't you? You said to be quiet next time so I was," he said, crossing his arms. He sat and slouched in the wooden chair.
      
      The statement made me pause. My face went stone cold. "Well, yes. But…"
      
      There was always a "but" in my conversations. I had an uncanny way of changing my opinions at the flick of a switch.
      
      "First, you want nothing to do with me. Then, you are angry that I was sleeping with other girls. Then, wasn't happy to not hear from me at all," he said. "You're f*cking messing with me."
      
      I looked at Tiffany and Lance who were sitting in silence and exchanging worried looks.
      
      "The only way you could be mad at me is if you liked me," Jaxon said. "Unless you…" A smile curved my lips. He pointed a finger toward me and grinned. "You do like me. You're just too chicken shit to tell me. I know your game."
      

      "Hey, don't you ever liken me to poultry?" I said, feeling suddenly scared that the truth was out.

1 comment: