Contact Us

See anything on the blog that doesn't look right ?
Want us to review your book?
Contact us at booksvsboys@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.

Series I love

Follow by ...

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

I Tour With

Kismet Book Touring
Xpresso Book Tours
CBL Book Tours
RockStar Book Tours
BB Book Tours

Saturday 6 April 2013

Review: A Bad Boy is Good to Find by Jennifer Lewis




My Rating: Kiss

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Steam Level: warm – hot      
        
The beginning of this book is definitely intriguing and grabs your attention, but at the same time leaves you feeling a little distanced from the characters. I won’t go into detail with the plot, there is a lot of back story and twists and turns. But think the movie Sweet Home Alabama meets a reality TV show with some mystery and intrigue thrown in.

I couldn’t stand the heroine, Lizzie. She is treated horribly in the beginning of the book, but by the ending she has dished out 10 times what she received. She is shallow, shellfish, and overall high maintenance. By the ending she does redeem herself some, but in my eyes it wasn’t nearly enough to make up for what she put Conroy through.

“Damn, being a bitch is exhausting. If I lighten up a little, don’t take it personally.” – Lizzie

While I liked Conroy, the hero, I was a little disappointed. Being what the title is, I was ready for a tattooed, motorcycle ridin’ bad boy with a dirty mouth. But that is not Conroy…at all. He is more of a country boy that is genuinely nice, clean cut, and respects Lizzie way more than she deserves. That’s not to say that I didn’t like him or that he wasn’t hot in his own way, I just went into the book expecting something entirely different. Conroy has secrets, lots of them, his past is something he left behind with no intention to ever revisit again, at least until he meets Lizzie…

“I’m not capable of love. Maybe I was once, but that part of me is dead. I’m not really capable of anything other than survival” ~Conroy

Despite the intriguing and unique plot parts of the story were a little slow. There is a lot of conversation that distracts a bit from the flow. The same conversation between Lizzie and Conroy seems to be had over and over again, and a couple of times I had to stop myself from skimming whole paragraphs (something I HATE to do).

With all that being said, this is still a good book and a decent read. I appreciate that the author stepped outside the box and tried something a little different. I just felt it could have been a little better. There was too much going on to see the characters fully develop and I never really felt the chemistry between them.  

An ARC was received from the publisher for an honest review. 

To Purchase a copy of this book -->  Kindle Edition  I  Paperback 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

    Also visit my page :: bmi calculator for adults

    ReplyDelete