Contact Us

See anything on the blog that doesn't look right ?
Want us to review your book?
Contact us at booksvsboys@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.

Series I love

Follow by ...

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

I Tour With

Kismet Book Touring
Xpresso Book Tours
CBL Book Tours
RockStar Book Tours
BB Book Tours

Monday 8 April 2013

Review: If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones





My Rating: Rape! (5 stars)

Genre: New Adult Romantic Suspense/Erotica

Steam Level: Boiling point!

If I were you I would head over and grab a copy of this book right now! It is exquisitely written. It is highly erotic. It is eerily intriguing. It is a MUST READ, a phenomenal beginning to what is sure to be an epic trilogy!

This book has been compared to 50 shades and crossfire and I just want to share my thoughts on that. While If I Were You gives off the same emotional intensity and eroticism that those two series do, it is its OWN story. It has a well done and solid plot that is completely original and will suck you in from page 1. The mystery factor to the story had my heart thumping throughout almost the entire book, it gives off that feeling that not everything is as it seems. I did not eat or sleep while I was reading this and my poor kids were ignored, it is that good! So consider yourself warned, THIS BOOK IS ADDICTIVE.

Through a turn of events Sara ends up the owner of an abandoned storage unit and upon further investigation she discovers that the locker belongs to a girl named Rebecca. After reading Rebecca’s highly evocative journals Sara becomes worried for the girl’s safety and begins a quest to find out what really happened to her. Sara’s quest leads her to Allure, a prestigious art gallery, that contains her dream job and just maybe her dream man as well….

I really liked Sara; she is sweet, but independent with an inner wildcat to her. She has a complicated past that is slowly revealed, though there is still much more of her story to learn. She is constantly struggling with her fear for Rebecca’s whereabouts and her own wants, needs, and desires.

“ I feel like I’m swimming between two shorelines—one the bland simple life, the other dark and erotic—and I can’t quite reach either.” ~Sara

“I follow his lead, searching beyond the glass to the activity on the street, thinking about how black and white I’ve let life become when I want to live in color.” ~Sara

Chris is so freaking hot. Easy going and sweet, Controlling and passionate, and confident in his own bad ass skin. He uses control to put a barrier between himself and Sara. It was captivating to watch Sara try to chip away at his wall, sometimes she succeed but most of the time causes Chris to do his best to reinforce it. It is obvious that Chris wants Sara in every way, but he is constantly warning her away. He has his own complex past and secrets and while the big reveal at the end is jaw-dropping, it was also a little predictable. BUT I have a feeling that there are many more layers of Chris to uncover as this series progresses and I can’t wait to discover every hard inch of him ;)

“Be warned, Sara. I’m no saint. If I take you upstairs, I’m going to strip you naked and fuck you the way I’ve wanted ot since the moment we first met.” ~Chris

“Do you know what happens when you push a dragon? They burn you alive, baby. You’re playing with fire.” ~Chris

There are some extremely intriguing secondary characters as well. Mainly Sara’s new boss, Mark Compton; he is sexy and alluring and there are a few times I was wondering if more of a love triangle will begin to develop. There is also the matter of Rebecca’s journals and who her ‘mysterious’ love might be. A few suspects are presented, including Mark, and I can't wait to read more of Rebecca's story in the relating novellas. 

Yes, there are a lot of questions left at the end of this book and holy crap that cliffhanger ending! It’s one of those that you love to hate! This is the first full length book of a trilogy as well as a slew of novellas (you can find the reading order below). It does an impeccable job of developing characters and relationships, setting up an intriguing plot, and leaves you holding your breath for more. My feelings when finishing this book are reprsented in the photo below: Hot, Needy, and felling like I'm not seeing the whole picture. 


*Breaking News* The Inside Out Trilogy has been optioned by Starz Network for a TV series. I have NO doubt that this will be a hit as it contains all the elements of a blockbuster: Mystery, Intrigue, Suspense, Love Triangles, Money, Power, Eroticism, Danger, and Domination.

Inside Out Trilogy Reading Order:
If I Were You --> Kindle Edition I Paperback
Being Me --> Pre-Order Links: Kindle Edition I Paperback
Revealing Us -> Pre-Order Links: Kindle Edition I Paperback

Rebecca’s Journal’s Novella Collection:
The Seduction: Volume 1 --> Kindle Edition
The Contract: Volume 2 --> Kindle Edition
His Submissive: Volume 3 --> Pre-Order
My Master: Volume 4 --> Pre-Order
The Master Undone: Volume 5 --> Pre-Order

I am addicted to this gripping series and all of its erotic layers!. I highly recommend you give it a try! 

~ERIN 

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this series and can't wait for the Starz show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this sounds like a very interesting book! I have started to get more into the more hotter (erotic) side of romance, so this might definitely be a book for me to read and review! Thanks so much for sharing, blogger buddy ;)

    I hope you are well and I wish you a very pleasant day :)

    Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww just ordered this book after reading this...love your review!!

    have just followed you cant wait for more posts please follow back x

    http://www.mylittlechampselysees.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love If I Were You. Can't wait for Being Me!!---Rae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review and I so concur! I love this book and am so dying to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I can't wait for Being Me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great book and I couldn't agree with you more! It is such a smart, sexy book. Great review of it.

    ReplyDelete