Contact Us

See anything on the blog that doesn't look right ?
Want us to review your book?
Contact us at booksvsboys@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.

Series I love

Follow by ...

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

I Tour With

Kismet Book Touring
Xpresso Book Tours
CBL Book Tours
RockStar Book Tours
BB Book Tours

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Book Hook Up: Reckless






Reckless (Thoughtless, #3)


Publishing date: March 5 2013  
Publisher: Self Published 
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

My Rating: Kiss (Not really a kiss more of a kiss and a half)
Average Rating:4.54 

Synopsis 

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?
Can love survive when life gets Reckless?




As you all may have realised I have not blogged for like ages I don't even have time to read books I've started like three books and not finished reading them. So you can see how excited I was when reckless came out but it did not meet my expectation to even by a long shot. but I guess what goes up must come down right..... 


Okay I know what you guys are saying it wasn't even that bad but yes to me it was. The plot was so uninteresting it wasn't even worth it. I d t know I think the auteur didn't know what direction to take it in so the only route she could go was the boring obvious rote. I really missed the heart racing page turning plot that had once been in the series , but I have noticed of late that good series always end badly. ( e.g the delirium series but don't get me started on that one its for another day).


However, the sex was much hotter like way more hotter like Kellan dipped in chocolate hot. The author has so matured in her writing of sexual scenes It was more personal now and WAY more detailed. It was so much more intimate , I felt like I was there living the experience. So very well done there Miss .


In terms of characters I really like how all the characters developed it was so nice to see how the grew and matured as people. Especially Griffin 

Griffin : I had to say I was very surprised by him he really stepped up to the plate with this fathering this .. But don't worry he is still the rude sexually disgusting pig he always was but just a bit better 

Kiera: I don't know why but at time I got really bored of Kiera think h windy mannerism has finally caught up with me so ever time she spoke I was already annoyed. But here wines have toned down a bit and she has very much matured as a character  She is so much more independent and is not dictated and solely reliant on the men in her life. She became her own and stepped out of the male shadow that was always holding her back 

Kellan: There is no other word to describe him but as a sex god and in this book her sure does live up to the name and the title . Aaaaaaaaaawh if it was possible I would so leave my boyfriend for him...l need I say more 



So all in all it was an okay read but just okay and I think it's because I had set my expectation so high especially because of that blurb( who ever made it should like so get a pay rise ) If it was any other book I would have giving it a higher rating . But because of my disappointment I had to give it this low mark. 


casting:

okay  i actually kind of changed how i see Kiera before i use to see her a shailene woodley
 Because shailene woodley always use to be irritating and whinny when she was on the secret life of an american teenager it use to irritate that fuck out of me. But now that Kiera is not really that whinny anymore i dont see her as Shailene. 





Now she is nit annoying anymore i see here and Kellan like this :



Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment